🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I have used all my connects- Please unloc...
Page options
lonataylor
Community Member

I have used all my connects- Please unlock my account so I can get work!! What The Heck!

i got an email from upwork saying they locked my account becasue they dont see any activity , although Im in 5 interveiws and in process of one project hire that will end this week..

I need my account unlocked so peeope can find my profile..

This makes me so angry that upwork would lock my account out when Im actually in a job and HAVE been putting in applications.. over 30 and have 5 interveiwes that i accepted. ive maxed out my connects.waiting for a renew of connects in 10 more days.
I got one hire and in porgress of a milestone.. I am capable of doing more than one project at a time.

PLEASE UNLOCK MY ACCOUNT SO CLIENTS CAN FIND ME!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lona,

I just set your profile visibility back to public. Let us know if we may be of further assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lona,

I just set your profile visibility back to public. Let us know if we may be of further assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork

thanks so much for that.. much appreciated

Lona, just an FYI. When Upwork sets an account private because of *inactivity*, what they really mean is that it’s because the freelancer hasn’t made any money, but they’re too polite to say it, and interviews and proposals don’t count as activity. There would be less confusion if Upwork gave “financial inactivity” as the reason.

i understand.. but Im in progress of a project i was hired for and havent got paid yet becasue Im still working on the milestone.. regardless.. dont you think thats not a good reason to make a persons account invisible.. I mean really we are out here to make money you cant make money if your profile is not able to be found by clients.. i used every one of my connects.. so im still wanting to have clients find me..and a couple have and then I got set to private.. in my opinion its a stupid rule.. how can you get hired to make money?? i have 6 interveiws that were accpted open and negotiating.. it doenst make sense at all.

Lona, there are many Upwork rules that are debatable. This one is especially odd when you also consider Upwork rotates freelancer search results, so the same freelancers don't always show up in page one of the results. So on the one hand, Upwork tries to level the playing field, and on the other, they hide your profile, but it's like they say in AA, sometimes you need the "serenity to accept the things you cannot change." Anyway, good luck with your interviews.

Learning Paths