🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I haven't heard from any of my applications y...
Page options
gardan06
Community Member

I haven't heard from any of my applications yet..

I've been applying on projects I feel I'm a good fit for, but so far, not a single client has replied to me yet. I'm not sure if my account is on hold, or if my profile simply needs a rework.

I would really appreciate it if someone would help me out with this issue, as I really want to jumpstart my freelancing career. Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi BeeJay,

I`ve just updated your profile visibility back to public, so that our Community members can view your profile and share their feedback with you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
robin_hyman
Community Member

BeeJay Paul R wrote:

I've been applying on projects I feel I'm a good fit for, but so far, not a single client has replied to me yet. I'm not sure if my account is on hold, or if my profile simply needs a rework.

I would really appreciate it if someone would help me out with this issue, as I really want to jumpstart my freelancing career. Thanks in advance.

Set your profile to public.  Otherwise us freelancers cannot view it easily and provide feedback.  It could take months for a new freelancer to get a response or be hired on the platform.  Upwork is a very competitive space.  

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi BeeJay,

I`ve just updated your profile visibility back to public, so that our Community members can view your profile and share their feedback with you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It's still private...

Thank you everyone for the swift response, especially Goran for updating my profile to public. I'm not sure how it was to private, but I see that it's set to public now, so thanks again.

Hopefully I can get responses now. 🙂

Success!

Some tips on your profile:

* Remove "Hi I'm Beejay".  We got that from your profile.  

* Add some lines that make you different from the other developers out there.  Why should I hire you?

* You've been off the platform for a few years.  Make sure your profile is set to available and for the right amount of hours each week

* The first 2-3 lines are what a client sees in a search so make sure you stand out

* Make sure your pricing is inline with other freelancers in your field.

Hope this helps!

Got it. I'll keep those in mind and will revise my profile.

Thanks Robin! 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths