🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I just can't get a single job on here - Any a...
Page options
dannymaz
Community Member

I just can't get a single job on here - Any advice?

Hello everyone, I've been a member on here for a good few years now, I've not been active the past few years due to not getting work the last time around. I'm a graphic designer / illustrator and I have a masters degree in graphic design. 

I feel my work is solid, and I'm very capeable designer from the UK however I'm yet to get one job from here after sending countless proposals over the years. 

Can anyone advise me what I'm doing wrong? I'm starting to feel like I'm not good enough and doubting myself a lot. I really need to get work as soon as possible. You can see some of my work here... 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you in advance for any tips or help

Dan

3 REPLIES 3
robin_hyman
Community Member

Hey Dan,

Your profile could use a rewrite.  Remove your name from the first sentence.  Client will see that on your profile and in the search listing.  The first 2 sentences need to stand out as that is what appears in search.  The profile is also very long, starts each paragraph with "I" and needs to focus on what you can offer a client. Why should I hire you and not the thousands of Top Rated freelancers on the site?

Good luck!

Thanks Robin I will make some changes! Thank you

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Dan M wrote:

Hello everyone, I've been a member on here for a good few years now, I've not been active the past few years due to not getting work the last time around. I'm a graphic designer / illustrator and I have a masters degree in graphic design. 

I feel my work is solid, and I'm very capeable designer from the UK however I'm yet to get one job from here after sending countless proposals over the years. 

Can anyone advise me what I'm doing wrong? I'm starting to feel like I'm not good enough and doubting myself a lot. I really need to get work as soon as possible. You can see some of my work here... 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you in advance for any tips or help

Dan

Don't wish the client best of luck, it sounds as if they are taking a gamble hiring you. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths