🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I live in Bangkok but my team works form Paki...
Page options
fa4074b2
Community Member

I live in Bangkok but my team works form Pakistan. Is their any issue?

Respected,

I am new on Upwork and I need some guidance about Upwork policy related teamwork etc.

My question is that:

1. I am based in Bangkok, But I am Pakistan national. I have registered companies for iT business in Thailand and Pakistan both. My team works from Pakistan as most of my team members are in our Pakistan-based office. So how they can operate to my account for hourly basis projects? If they log in to my main account in Pakistan?? Or do I have to create any team account or team basis account and provide them the logins for the agency accounts, etc? What I have to do so they can use my account for an hourly basis tracking system. And if they operate from another country is there is any restriction of Upwork about current or working location etc or not?

2. I am doing freelancing on another freelancing platform for the past 5 years and I have my existing clients in the US, UK, UAE, or some other countries am I be able to move them on Upwork or not? SO they order me on Upwork for their existing works etc? Is this allowed by upwork? Or is it considered fake orders on uopwork?

3. How to contact Upwork support for any question or issue related? Is there any official email? 

Thanks in advance. I will appreciate your best guidance.

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "How to contact Upwork support for any question or issue related?"

You don't need to contact Support.

You may ask questions right here in the Community Forum.

re: "Is there any official email?"

Upwork Support is not email-centric. It is not Upwork's intention that you contact them via email.

re: "So how they can operate to my account for hourly basis projects? If they log in to my main account in Pakistan?"

It is a very serious violation of Upwork TOS for you to let anyone else log into your account. Upwork will try to detect this activity and terminate your account.

If you have a group of people working together as you described, then you need to create an agency. Multiple people may not work together using one freelancer account.

b5a817f3
Community Member

Yeah, also I want to know about that. My team members are from India

fa4074b2
Community Member

Thanks for your reply and guide.

Is it possible I convert my account to an agency now? or do I have to create a new account?

after creating an agency account how does my team access or work hourly basis clients?

petra_r
Community Member

If you create an agency (you can't "convert" yours into an agency, you just add the agency to your existing account), all your team members have to create profiles on Upwork, then you add them to the agency and can apply for contracts for them (they all have to do their own contracts under the agency, be it hourly or fixed rate.)

fa4074b2
Community Member

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please guide if each employee has their own profile then how it will be tracked in main account working hours?

If some employee resigns what do we do with his profile? how do we delete it? Or do we restrict them to make only on company emails?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths