🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I'm new to UPWORK I need help to start.
Page options
stevemoretz
Community Member

I'm new to UPWORK I need help to start.

Hello I'm an android developer,I'm not a begginer have been practiced android for a long time I think I'm ready after finishing my last project which is a telegram clone app completely by myself all the android and php server and also another one with using firebase I'm going to be ready to start my job here.I don't think if sort of recreating telegram alone means I'm a begginer.But I don't feel comfortable to start my first project with a 100$ or more and also these jobs need more than 100 hours of work and other things I don't have as a begginer in this website(not in android development).I would like to start small projects and see how it's going.And make them harder and harder and more expensive later.But the search filters in the forum are not so good for a beginner in this place.It also shows a lot irrelavant stuffs I searched for android and now it has brought ios(Swift) and laverage and other stuffs...I think a lot of them are too broad like a lot of posts about building an app for android + ios.Isn't there any sections for starters?

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Steve M wrote:

Hello I'm an android developer,I'm not a begginer have been practiced android for a long time I think I'm ready after finishing my last project which is a telegram clone app completely by myself all the android and php server and also another one with using firebase I'm going to be ready to start my job here.I don't think if sort of recreating telegram alone means I'm a begginer.But I don't feel comfortable to start my first project with a 100$ or more and also these jobs need more than 100 hours of work and other things I don't have as a begginer in this website(not in android development).I would like to start small projects and see how it's going.And make them harder and harder and more expensive later.But the search filters in the forum are not so good for a beginner in this place.It also shows a lot irrelavant stuffs I searched for android and now it has brought ios(Swift) and laverage and other stuffs...I think a lot of them are too broad like a lot of posts about building an app for android + ios.Isn't there any sections for starters?

There is no section for starters. Upwork does not, and should not, differentiate by skill levels of freelancers. It is entirely up to you to evaluate and decide which jobs you are able to do and which you want to apply to. 

I suggest you do a lot of tests to show your skills and read up on all the info available in the help section and on top of the forum posts. 

Ok thanks.Can I talk to the job suggestor?Before applying a job?By the way the help section is more about using the forum not about these sort of things.

petra_r
Community Member

Steve M wrote:

.Isn't there any sections for starters?

It does not matter.

It would appear you are not where you say you are and your name is not what you say it is and you are located in a country which Upwork is not available in.

Here we are using a software that speeds up the network it uses a server at other locations I don't exactly know how it works.But that's the way the installer said it.

You are in Iran.

Unfortunately, due to government restrictions, people in Iran can not work on Upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths