🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I'm new to this
Page options
phil2268
Community Member

I'm new to this

I'm new to this. I've been having ideas on what I can do with the skills I've learned over 40 plus years. Yes, I'm old but young hearted. I'm a photographer and a huge computer geek. I've been programming computers for a very long time. I was a web developer for 8 years. I've been self-employed for quite some time. I'm also a photographer and I've done plenty of Photoshop work. I consider my Photoshop skills to be intermediate but I love learning. I use Gimp to edit photographs because it's so powerful. I wonder if it's acceptable here or should I bite the bullet and pay the monthly fee for Photoshop. I go back a long way with Adobe products. 

I also wanted to say hi and simply introduce myself. I'd love any opinions on my work and I'll certainly take suggestions on how to improve my image and skills.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
syntagm
Community Member

Welcome onboard Philip. I am not going to be longwinded. Quick wins on UpWork are few and far inbetween. Understand and accept that you are in for the long haul. Read this. I found it useful:    **Edited for Community Guidelines**

PS Age does not matter unless it shows up in your work.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths