🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I'm trying to look for work, but can't submit...
Page options
027068e0
Community Member

I'm trying to look for work, but can't submit proposals

My profile shows it is at 100 percent, however I can not submit work

35 REPLIES 35
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joshua,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
89580c50
Community Member

I have tried to apply for a couple of contracts, but it's telling me that I still need to complete my profile even though I went through all of the steps to create a profile.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Samuel.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Hi,

I just created my freelance account and I can't submit any proposal, since the button doesn't work (there is no option to click on it - it's closed button).

Thanks for helping out.

Mirian

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mirian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
3ab11e89
Community Member

I've filled out my profile but I am unable to submit proposals, it keeps telling me I need to "complete my profile" before I can do so, I don't understand what more I need to do to complete? Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Morgan, Katelyn, and SHl.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
95b523ac
Community Member

Hi, I just registered for Upworks and wanted to start sending offers, however when I open an interesting project it says that I need to complete my profile before I can submit an proposal.

My Profile is 100% and i cant solve this problem.

I have made a profile and completed everything I am able to but the website isn't letting submit any proposals until I comlete my profile. I am not sure what else needs to be done. 

I registered on upwork 2 days ago. My profile is 100% complete, but I keep getting "Please, complete your profile" message, when I open any job.
So, I can't submit proposals. There are no any verifications or email-messages.
What should I do?

I should've complete address information in Settings > Locations. It resolved the issue

I'm trying to submit proposals but the option is greyed out and it says my profile is incomplete with a link to finish it but on clicking it, it just takes me back to my profile without any markers or notifications on exactly where I'm lacking. How do I resolve this ?

a68a92ce
Community Member

Hi, I just registered and wanted to start sending offers, however when I open a project it says that I need to complete my profile before I can submit an proposal. My Profile is 100% and i can't solve this problem.

What can I do?

profile completeprofile complete

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ulises and Murtaza,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cc7ffd0b
Community Member

Hi! New to Upwork. My profile is 100% complete, but when I try to submit a proposal it's grayed out. There's a notification at the top that says I need to complete my profile, but when I click the link it just takes me to my feed. Can anyone clear up what's going on? Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Benjamin,

~ Bojan
Upwork
najam2022
Community Member

Hi, my name is Najam**Edited for community guidelines**. I recently created upwork profile and submited my account for approval and then started working on my profile. My profile is 100% complete and yesterday I got an email from upwork that my account has been approved. 

But the problem is that I cant submit proposals and it says I need to complete my profile first which is already 100%. I checked all the settings of my profile and its all good. I have attached screen shots. I will be really thankful for help. 

Hi Najam,

I've escalated your concern to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your help, I have recieved an email from upwork help. The issue is not resloved yet, I am waiting for their response again. I hope it will get solved as soon as possible.

My problem was successfully resloved, Thank you

6042dbbd
Community Member

Im also having the same issues please help

Hi Isabelle,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
leah1601
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I am having the same issue. My profile is live but i cant submit proposals. Thank you! Leah

Hi Leah,

Could you clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to try and submit a proposal? If you're receiving any errors on your end, please share the text of the error with me here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
alexandr-zub
Community Member

I also have the issue. Profile is 100% completed, but "Submit a proposal" is disabled.

Hi Alexandr,

Could you please check your address and make sure that you provide all the information requested on form? Please go to Settings> Contact Info> Location. If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you, it resolved the issue.

sdg_
Community Member

Hello,

I have received email confirmation that my profile is live and complete, yet I am not able to submit proposals. The button is greyed out and a message claims "You must complete your profile before you can submit a proposal". I do not know what else is required for me to complete my profile, there are no indicators. The completion bar also says 100%. Am I locked out incorrectly or is my profile still incomplete?

Thanks for your help!

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stelios,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
umartheflash
Community Member

My profile is 100% but i cant submit the proposal

Hi Umar,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the issue you are having.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
54df8ec9
Community Member

Hello, I am new to upwork and I completed my whole profile (shows 100%) but for some reason it does not let me Make a proposal for any job. It shows an alert saying "You must complete your profile before you can submit a proposal." 

I would appreciate if someone can help me with this.

Thank you.

Hi Antoinette,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar,

My account is presentng the same issue. I have been able to send proposals, until today when I see the message "You must complete your profile before you can submit a proposal.", but my profile says 100% complete. What can I do to solve this?

Regards.-

Hi Jhonny,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths