🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I made an offer, no longer wish to hire
Page options
cterry7799
Community Member

I made an offer, no longer wish to hire

I made an offer to a freelancer. I put money in escrow. I don’t believe she accepted the offer yet. However, I no longer wish to hire her. I deleted the job posting. But i don’t know if that means I will get a refund. The bot took me to my transaction history and instead of saying my account has a “refund” of the amount that was in escrow, it says “credit.” What does that mean? It also says my balance that I have in my account is $0... so clearly there’s been no credit issued. Please help!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Christal,

I was able to confirm the freelancer did not accept the offer and the offer itself was also withdrawn. When this happens, you will get an escrow refund automatically and it is returned directly to your original payment method. When looking for this on your transaction history, you can filter your transactions by "All credits" (screenshot for reference) and it should show as a refund to the original payment method. Please note that it can take up to five business days to be credited. You can check this help article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Christal,

I was able to confirm the freelancer did not accept the offer and the offer itself was also withdrawn. When this happens, you will get an escrow refund automatically and it is returned directly to your original payment method. When looking for this on your transaction history, you can filter your transactions by "All credits" (screenshot for reference) and it should show as a refund to the original payment method. Please note that it can take up to five business days to be credited. You can check this help article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths