🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I need HELP with my 1st Fixed-Price Contr...
Page options
104am
Community Member

I need HELP with my 1st Fixed-Price Contract! I Completed The Job & haven't been paid!?

My client just ended a fixed price contract. They were happy with the video, give me a good review and everything. It says there is (162.50 usd) remaining though? Did I just get ripped off? I tried messaging the client with luck. I am so confused here. I apologize if this is a dumb question. I just don't know how to get the remaing have of the money.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Andrew M wrote:

The total budget was 320 usd. It was in escrow.

No, it obviously wasn't.

Andrew M wrote:

The client just messaged me saying he forgot to set up the 2nd milestone and apologized, now we're trying to fix this.

The client can simply pay you via a bonus on the (closed) contract

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
robin_hyman
Community Member

Andrew M wrote:

My client just ended a fixed price contract. They were happy with the video, give me a good review and everything. It says there is (162.50 usd) remaining though? Did I just get ripped off? I tried messaging the client with luck. I am so confused here. I apologize if this is a dumb question. I just don't know how to get the remaing have of the money.

Your profile says you were paid $162.50.  Is that correct?  Remember it is whatever you were contracted for - 20% for Upwork fees unless this was a featured job which I assume was not.  

FYI 4.2 is a good review off the platform.  You'll need continuous 5-star reviews to earn top rated status. 

Robin H wrote:

FYI 4.2 is a good review off the platform.  You'll need continuous 5-star reviews to earn top rated status. 

4.2 is not a good review anywhere on today's Internet

104am
Community Member

I appreciate the positve comment, Miss.

petra_r
Community Member

Andrew M wrote:

was all of the money funded in escrow? What amount did you submit and how much was funded?

If part of the agreed amount was not funded, you're likely out of luck unless the client decides to pay more.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

104am
Community Member

The total budget was 320 usd. It was in escrow. The client sent me half of that as a milestone. I accepted that. The client said he was satistfied, so I suggested to close the job. I was expecting to get a milestone notification for the remaining half or something like that. But instead I got a notification from the client saying the contract has been closed. When I checked the contract it said  there was 162 usd remaining.

The client just messaged me saying he forgot to set up the 2nd milestone and apologized, now we're trying to fix this.

He can give it to you as a bonus.  

As designed by Upwork, 4.2 is a good review.

This represents perfect or nearly perfect scores in all six categories clients are asked to rate freelancers in.

petra_r
Community Member

Andrew M wrote:

The total budget was 320 usd. It was in escrow.

No, it obviously wasn't.

Andrew M wrote:

The client can simply pay you via a bonus on the (closed) contract

104am
Community Member

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths