🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I need help on VAT code and Account linking d...
Page options
c4fc30bd
Community Member

I need help on VAT code and Account linking during withdrawal and payment

Please help me. I am a new comer to Upwork.

1. I finished my work and submitted. When I requested my salary payment they ordered me $100 for a "linking the account". What can I do about it? Is it a scam or the right approach?
  2. I did another job and they opened the payment account on the internet banking called **Edited for Community Guidelines** and deposited my salary there. The system requested me for "VAT Code" in order to withdraw it to my local Bank account. How can I get the VAT code?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8a86a309
Community Member

That's definitely a scam. Do not send them any money.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
8a86a309
Community Member

That's definitely a scam. Do not send them any money.

8a86a309
Community Member

Only accept payment through escrow. Also stay away from sharing your personal communication before starting a contract. 

c4fc30bd
Community Member

WHat about the VAT Code?

Dear Ayansa,

There is nothing called a VAT Code, they are just bluffing you. What they did is create a fake banking website which shows certain amount. They say that you could only withdraw if you purchase a VAT Code and for that you have to contact the administrator (or someone else). You pay and they vanish, that's it. There's no real **Edited for Community Guidelines** and no real money deposited in your name. Please see the screenshot I attached.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths