🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I need some feedback for my profile.
Page options
mrrobot24
Community Member

I need some feedback for my profile.

Hello, I am new to Upwork, and although I have gotten invites for interesting jobs, I haven't gotten any for jobs I am particularly looking for (mostly for translation English to Spanish Jobs or medical translation/research) and my proposals don't seem to be convincing enough. Could anyone please take a look at my profile so that you can tell me what you think about it? (I am sure you'll tell me to change the profile picture, but I am wondering if there is something else I could improve on). Thank you and have a nice day!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

@Samuel A wrote:

Hello, I am new to Upwork, and although I have gotten invites for interesting jobs, I haven't gotten any for jobs I am particularly looking for (mostly for translation English to Spanish Jobs or medical translation/research) and my proposals don't seem to be convincing enough. Could anyone please take a look at my profile so that you can tell me what you think about it? (I am sure you'll tell me to change the profile picture, but I am wondering if there is something else I could improve on). Thank you and have a nice day!

Just for a start:

1. You are not a professional translator, change that.

2. Your English is not native or bilingual, change that.

3. List your CAT tools

4. Get better results in your test.

5. Don't offer English proofreading, change that.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jr-translation
Community Member

@Samuel A wrote:

Just for a start:

1. You are not a professional translator, change that.

2. Your English is not native or bilingual, change that.

3. List your CAT tools

4. Get better results in your test.

5. Don't offer English proofreading, change that.

Ok, well thank you for the feedback Jennifer, I`ll attempt to get better test results as soon as I possibly can. Hopefully, this will yield me better results.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Samuel, 

You may want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork:

Hopefully, these help you win jobs on Upwork. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

@Samuel A wrote:

Ok, well thank you for the feedback Jennifer, I`ll attempt to get better test results as soon as I possibly can. Hopefully, this will yield me better results.

Remove any mention of translating into English. Your English is nowhere near good enough for that.

Remove that portfolio item. Not only is it academic fraud to do someone else's school work, it is also badly translated.

Translation isn't just the ability to speak 2 languages more or less competently.  That kind of thinking is similar to saying that anyone who owns a scalpel is a surgeon.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Look at it from a client's perspective. You are looking for a particular skill set, and input that into the search field. 

How many clients do you see typing: 3rd year medical student?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths