🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I need to understand How I can to do a Contra...
Page options
ricardoinfante
Community Member

I need to understand How I can to do a Contract with a client? process

Please,I really need help...

1) How I can do a Contract with the client? How is the process?

How is the process in the Upwork Platform, it is a bit confusing for me because I do not speak fluent English, I understand some things and for others use "GOOGLE TRANSLATE" but it is not clear how a Contract is formally made.

I only know that ALL CONTRACTS appears in the MY JOBS MENU, but I do not know how to activate a contract, as a Contract is formally established.

I appreciate a very complete explanation about the step by step of this.
If someone speaks Spanish, I appreciate that you answer me and I can ask you more questions if I need them. If someone who speaks English reads this and can answer me, I would also appreciate it.

I am very attentive.

Thank you!

Ricardo.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
emiguelina
Community Member

@ricardo I wrote:

I only know that ALL CONTRACTS appears in the MY JOBS MENU, but I do not know how to activate a contract, as a Contract is formally established.

Hi Ricardo, I do speak Spanish, but we can talk or write only in English, that's the platform's official language.

I don't want to discourage you but If you don't speak/write English, I don't know if it's possible that you can navigate the site properly.

You have to read a lot to avoid scams and to work properly.

BTW you are ahead of most newbies, you came before!

Good luck!

Steps:
1.- You see a job post
2.- You send a proposal
3.- You discuss terms with the client
4.- The client sends an offer via Upwork
5.- Client's Payment Method verified

6.- You accept the offer (after you are clear about requierements, deadlines, etc.)
7.- If an hourly-contrat, track your time with time tracker app
8.- If a fixed-price contract, the full amount must be funded
9.- Star working
10.- Deliver work: a) If fixed-price thru milestone b) if hourly whatever way you and your client have agreed
11.- If no more work if need, ask client, politely, to end the contract, once.
12.- End

And this is a tiny part

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
emiguelina
Community Member

@ricardo I wrote:

Hi Ricardo, I do speak Spanish, but we can talk or write only in English, that's the platform's official language.

I don't want to discourage you but If you don't speak/write English, I don't know if it's possible that you can navigate the site properly.

You have to read a lot to avoid scams and to work properly.

BTW you are ahead of most newbies, you came before!

Good luck!

Steps:
1.- You see a job post
2.- You send a proposal
3.- You discuss terms with the client
4.- The client sends an offer via Upwork
5.- Client's Payment Method verified

6.- You accept the offer (after you are clear about requierements, deadlines, etc.)
7.- If an hourly-contrat, track your time with time tracker app
8.- If a fixed-price contract, the full amount must be funded
9.- Star working
10.- Deliver work: a) If fixed-price thru milestone b) if hourly whatever way you and your client have agreed
11.- If no more work if need, ask client, politely, to end the contract, once.
12.- End

And this is a tiny part

Thank You Elba,

The step more important is: 4.- The client sends an offer via Upwork

He has not sent the offer with the terms we agreed upon.
And that was the step I did not know how to really do ... Well, I wanted to confirm it.

Because first I sent him an offer per hour. But in the negotiation everything was changed to a fixed price, first by Project and then by Milestone. We agreed everything, including the idea and sent you a small outline, to agree on the requirement, we talked about all this through the messenger.

I wrote to him later by the messenger and I told him that he will change the Project, he will place it by Milestone and he will record the agreed value, in UPWORK. But you have not sent me the offer with the Final Terms, so that I can start the work and send you the 2 completed works.

Thank you very much for your patience in explaining me step by step.

Happy afternoon 🙂
Richard

joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Ricardo,

Welcome to Upwork! Please, check out this thread for more suggestion about how to get started on Upwork. Please also check this thread on how to Avoid Questionable Jobs. Let us know if you have further questions.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths