🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I paid to send out 13 proposals. I got 1 resp...
Page options
xylene
Community Member

I paid to send out 13 proposals. I got 1 response. Is non-response the norm on upwork?

I paid to send out 13 proposals. I got 1 response. From the others not even an 'reject' or 'not interested'. Are my proposals arriving? How to check? Or is non-response the norm on upwork?

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Michael M wrote:

Are my proposals arriving? How to check? Or is non-response the norm on upwork?

Yes, they are arriving and yes, it's the norm.

Best practice is to write the proposal and forget all about it unless or until the client contacts you back.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Michael M wrote:

I paid to send out 13 proposals. I got 1 response. From the others not even an 'reject' or 'not interested'. Are my proposals arriving? How to check? Or is non-response the norm on upwork?

Yes, that is the norm. Clients are often overwhelmed by the number of proposals they receive, they can't be expected to answer to each and every one. 

You have to make the first 2 lines of your proposal count to entice them to read the rest. 

1 out of 13 is not bad for a newbie.

wescowley
Community Member

Yes, it's normal, especially when you are just starting out here. In most cases, if the client isn't interested in your proposal or goes with someone else, you'll hear nothing at all. Once you build up a reputation, the responses and hires will come more often, but it takes time, persistence, and a boatload of connects to get there.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths