🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I require access to an ODesk account.
Page options
joshua_gonzalez
Community Member

I require access to an ODesk account.

Hello:

Formerly, an oDesk officiant, I have acquired a separate 'freelancing' account through the services of Upwork. However, it would appear that my Business/Freelancer account that was established with ODesk remains publically available through the host of Upwork. 

I no longer have access to the oDesk account information and require directives for transferring the account to my current UpWork profile.

Thank you for your assistance!

Sincerely,

Joshua **Edited for community guidelines**

Upwork Freelancer

http://geni.us/UPJoshuaG

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

What do you mean by "you acquired" an account?

You are only allowed one account. Your original (first) account is your account. Any subsequent accounts need to be closed.

Nothing can be transferred from one account to the other but you run the risk of both being suspended and banned now you drew attention to the fact that you have two accounts.

Hello, Petra:

oDesk, having transitioned into what is now Upwork has been quite an alteration. In my previous regards, the term 'Acquired' is the substitute for 'Created', this relevant to the oDesk account.

oDesk allowed users to host both business and freelancing capabilities. In this particular case, I am attempting to gain access to the previous oDesk account as I have established a new Upwork profile.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Joshua **Edited for community guidelines**

Upwork Freelancer

@Joshua G wrote:

oDesk allowed users to host both business and freelancing capabilities.

Nope.

oDesk allowed no such thing. You could and can have a client, an agency and a client profile on the same account. You are not, and never have been, allowed to have more than one account, which clearly you have.

Hello, Petra:

Thank you for providing additional insight. At this point in time, I would request that you no longer partake in the resolution of these conditions.

Thank you, 

Sincerely,

Joshua Gonzalez

Upwork Freelancer

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Joshua,

Please, note that when oDesk merged with Elance and became Upwork, oDesk accounts continued to be accessible through the new Upwork platform. If you had an account on oDesk, you should still be able to log into it with its original email address or user ID and password. If you created a new account since then, you won't be able to merge the two and I recommend that you close one of them as users aren't allowed to have two accounts on Upwork. If you can't access the original account you created on oDesk, please send me a private message with the email address you used to register it.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

I just need help. I had an oDesk account last 2009-2012, I think. Can I still access and use it?

I had work history and feedback on oDesk that would be of great help for my profile portfolio for working on Upwork this time.

Hope you could help me. Thanks.

Hi Iris,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths