🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I shared my personal Information when i w...
Page options
dharuttam
Community Member

I shared my personal Information when i was new in upwork

Hello,
I am a new freelancer here. I opened my account long days ago. when I did not have enough knowledge about Upwork. Unfortunately, I shared my personal contact number. Now I want to know is it affect my account? if yes I want to disable my account and want to create a new account.

Regards,
Uttam

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Uttam Kumar,

I checked and it looks like you're referring to an interview you had back in 2019. Please know, the changes to our Terms of Service which require all pre-contract communications to take place on Upwork and no contact information to be shared before a contract is started, took place in June 2020. You can check the Announcement here.

Please feel free to start using your Upwork account again making sure you do not share contact information before a contract starts moving forward. Welcome back! 

For help getting started, check our Freelancer Guide. It covers everything from finding great projects that fit your skills to increasing your rate and getting stellar feedback. Also be sure to check out our Events and Webinars page for information on how you can build a strong profile, win high-quality jobs, and start getting paid.

Good luck!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

You can always have only one account - you can't cancel one and open another.

Thank you very much! But i opened my account long time ago when i was not an expert on Upwork. unfortunately, I shared my contact number. does it affect my account?

Hi Uttam,

Mary is correct. Having duplicate accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. Could you please let us know where you shared the contact number?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar,

Long time ago i shared my contact number on inbox when I was very first on upwork. But now I want to continue to work on upwork. so I need to be sure for this issue. If Upwork consider me this time then I want to continue on upwork. (N.B. I removed my contact number from inbox) 

Regards,

Uttam 

Hi Uttam Kumar,

I checked and it looks like you're referring to an interview you had back in 2019. Please know, the changes to our Terms of Service which require all pre-contract communications to take place on Upwork and no contact information to be shared before a contract is started, took place in June 2020. You can check the Announcement here.

Please feel free to start using your Upwork account again making sure you do not share contact information before a contract starts moving forward. Welcome back! 

For help getting started, check our Freelancer Guide. It covers everything from finding great projects that fit your skills to increasing your rate and getting stellar feedback. Also be sure to check out our Events and Webinars page for information on how you can build a strong profile, win high-quality jobs, and start getting paid.

Good luck!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Andrea,

Thank you very much for your support. So I am starting to work on upwork. Hope it will give me a great luck. Thanks again.

Have a great day 🙂

Regards,

Uttam 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths