🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I think, I submit the right proposal. But why...
Page options
omorfaruk24
Community Member

I think, I submit the right proposal. But why, I don't get the job?

I am professional SEO, digital marketing and WordPress design expert having 4+ years’ experience having completed many jobs. But, I am new to this platform. My have a strong portfolio. I think, I submit the right proposal. But why, I don't get the job?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jcullinan
Community Member

@Omor F wrote:

I am professional SEO, digital marketing and WordPress design expert having 4+ years’ experience having completed many jobs. But, I am new to this platform. My have a strong portfolio. I think, I submit the right proposal. But why, I don't get the job?

1. You promise on your profile that you are a "Native or Bilingual" speaker of English, which is flatly untrue.

2. Your rate is ridiculously low, which suggests that the quality of your work is not the highest.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jcullinan
Community Member

@Omor F wrote:

1. You promise on your profile that you are a "Native or Bilingual" speaker of English, which is flatly untrue.

2. Your rate is ridiculously low, which suggests that the quality of your work is not the highest.

Please suggest me, what can I do now?

Why is the appalling grammar / English highlighted by purple hearts and silly yellow fingers? I am at a complete loss as to how anyone would think they belong on a professional profile?

The whole profile is a mess.

please suggest me any good profile idea. Because I am new to this platform.

2 out of your 3 portfolio items are for your own websites. If you "brought fortune" to an "extensive number" of clients, then put some CLIENT websites in your portfolio.

@Omor F wrote:

please suggest me any good profile idea. Because I am new to this platform.

Concentrate on ONE skill.

Don't lie about your abilities, all that does is turn potential clients off as it proves you to be dishonest.

There are literally HUNDREDS of thousands of freelancers who want to do their version of SEO - the vast majority never get hired.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths