cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think my profile is rejected automatically by Upwork

yurkivtaya
Taisiya Y Member Since: Nov 14, 2016
1 of 17

I am posting this using my profile because my friend cant reach support or write on forum untill she has an approved profile. I talked to support yesterday and they replied me with standard phrases. I hope, that community has some answers. Message from my friend:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 17

re: "I am posting this using my profile because my friend cant reach support or write on forum untill she has an approved profile."

You are not allowed to do that.

You need to resolve your problems yourself. You can not log in to Upwork and post using other people's accounts.

yurkivtaya
3 of 17

Are you sure I cannot do that? So what should she do? Because she can't post on the forum or reach support. The only way is just to give up on this?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
4 of 17

Both people could have their accounts suspended.

yurkivtaya
5 of 17

But I don't understand why. I am posting from my account about upwork problem, I just attached her message to my post. I am Taisiya and writing from my own account, my friend is not using my account

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 17

The "Designer" section is completely saturated, in fact there are probably twice as many freelancers in it than are needed.

Your friend has been rejected 5 times, it is time she gets the hint... She will not be accepted and should find a different platform with less stringent requirements.

yurkivtaya
7 of 17

I think that in this case, Upwork shouldn't just give those 'hints' but they should directly state that they don't accept any designers anymore. I sincerely don't understand this, because I am working on upwork as a UI/UX designer and I receive a lot of invitations, sometimes 4 in one a day. I haven't been searching for clients myself for half a year now. I think that experienced designers(as she is) are still on demand, but because there are already tons of bad and unexperienced designers they are rejecting everyone without even carefully looking on their profiles. I believe this is an issue.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
8 of 17

You are definitely a true friend to put your own account at risk in order to try to help a friend.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 17

@Preston H wrote:

You are definitely a true friend to put your own account at risk in order to try to help a friend.

she isn't putting anything at risk. Stop the scaremongering already.

yurkivtaya
10 of 17

I think it's the topic name that got you confused. If you read the message, you can see that I am stating that I(Taisiya) am writing from my account