Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think my profile is rejected automatically by Upwork

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 17

@Preston H wrote:

Both people could have their accounts suspended.

Nonsense. This "could" happen if they were logging into each other's accounts, but categorically not because the OP is posting from her own account describing her friend's issues.

You are of course absolutely right that the friend needs to sort out her own account issues (or better, take the hint and find a different platform) but nobody is going to get suspended for posting about someone else.

vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
12 of 17

Hi Taisiya,

I understand you posted your friends message with best intentions but please note that we can't discuss a user's account status in the Community or with other users. Advise your friend to refer to the information and resources our team shared with them and review this Help article.

yurkivtaya
Taisiya Y Member Since: Nov 14, 2016
13 of 17

Upwork is just sending same standard messages to everyone. That is not helpful at all

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 17

@Taisiya Y wrote:

Upwork is just sending same standard messages to everyone. That is not helpful at all

They are turning down hundreds of people a day. There is no need for a custom response.

Do people make the same same fuss when they are not accepted for a brick and mortar job?

Upwork has the absolute right to accept and reject freelancers any which way it sees fit. There is no god given right to have a profile on this platform. 

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
15 of 17

@Petra R wrote:

@Taisiya Y wrote:

They are turning down hundreds of people a day. There is no need for a custom response.

Do people make the same same fuss when they are not accepted for a brick and mortar job?

Upwork has the absolute right to accept and reject freelancers any which way it sees fit. There is no god given right to have a profile on this platform. 

I would say that sometimes, rejecting profiles can be seen as an act of mercy by the gods.

yurkivtaya
Taisiya Y Member Since: Nov 14, 2016
16 of 17

Of course, they have a right to turn down anyone and it's not the end of the world. But she wasted time on completing her profile here, on passing the tests and upwork so she wanted to understand a reason.  I just find it not logical that a very big part of the designers on upwork are far not as good as my friend and she got rejected. So that made me feel that the reject is automatic and nobody cares if a new person actually will be in demand or not. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
17 of 17

Yes, in life sometimes you spend time on something and fail. Even worse sometimes you spend a lot of money in investments and fail. It's a crazy world. She should be glad all she lost was time.