🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I think upwork administrators should start re...
Page options
xmartdesigns
Community Member

I think upwork administrators should start reviewing clients profiles and jobs

Good day all!

As we all know, recently upwork stopped giving out free connects to freelancers and this has been made much worst by the fact that to apply for a job; one needs about 2-4 connects and in most cases 6 connects which is sold at the rate of $0.15 per connect.

Now, here's the catch.
After buying connects and using it up, you find out that only a very low percentage of the jobs you applied to were actually real projects that eventually hired, whereas huge turns of others are just crap from some fake accounts.

I am thinking, since upwork stopped giving out free connects to scare away fake freelancers, wouldn't it make sense if they start reviewing jobs posted on their job markets to reduce this rate of spamming. Seriously, this is quite frustrating.

Thank you for your understanding!
5 REPLIES 5
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Uhmm, nope.

Check client's hire rate before applying, if you're too risk averse.

Some others will take the risk with a low-hire-rate client, though, and will win it.

ETA: Note that hire rate is an indication of historical behaviour and may not necessarily be a reliable prediction of future action.

Since it's not a reliable prediction.
Don't you think some kind of option that solves this once and for all, should be invented?
pudingstudio
Community Member

Celestine M wrote:
Good day all!

As we all know, recently upwork stopped giving out free connects to freelancers and this has been made much worst by the fact that to apply for a job; one needs about 2-4 connects and in most cases 6 connects which is sold at the rate of $0.15 per connect.

Now, here's the catch.
After buying connects and using it up, you find out that only a very low percentage of the jobs you applied to were actually real projects that eventually hired, whereas huge turns of others are just crap from some fake accounts.

I am thinking, since upwork stopped giving out free connects to scare away fake freelancers, wouldn't it make sense if they start reviewing jobs posted on their job markets to reduce this rate of spamming. Seriously, this is quite frustrating.

Thank you for your understanding!

We knew that already, right?

We didn't need to start buying connects to become cognizant of the jobs that aren't worth bidding on?

Glad you did.

But isn't it a cause to worry?
Will it not be great if every job posted on upwork job markets turns out to be genuine?

Celestine M wrote:

Will it not be great if every job posted on upwork job markets turns out to be genuine?

It's not possible.

Upwork would like clients who are sitting on the fence or testing the waters to still post jobs.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths