🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I took a job that I now believe violates ...
Page options
wendy-m-k
Community Member

I took a job that I now believe violates Amazon terms

Hi. 

I applied for a posting and accepted a job in which I now see is basically where I purchase a specific product on Amazon and then am supposed to, in part, write a specific 5 star review. I would also need to go to a specific review and write a specific positive statement which would also say that I've been using the product for awhile. Then I would apparently, after providing proof, be reimbursed for the product and get additional $ to keep. 

So - this is totally not what I thought I was being asked to do and I do not want to do this. I am sure it violates Amazon policy. What do I do next? Will this reflect poorly on me now? I accepted the job 30 minutes ago and have not taken any action. 

Bear with me - it was the first job offer I've had. I'm new here and.... learning quickly. 

Thank you..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Wendy:

From your description of the job, I would say that yes, it definitely violates Amazon ToS.

Also, Upwork officially asks that freelancers NOT violate Amazon ToS, and stipulates that doing so is a violation of Upwork ToS.

So this job posting violates Upwork ToS, and should be removed. You should go to the job listing page and use the "Flag as inappropriate" to report this job and have it removed.

You should also close the contract yourself on this job rather than participating in it.

re: "Will this reflect poorly on me now?"

That is a secondary concern. My answer: Hopefully this will NOT reflect poorly on you. If Upwork officially removes the job and contract for violating Upwork ToS, then there should be no record of it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Wendy:

From your description of the job, I would say that yes, it definitely violates Amazon ToS.

Also, Upwork officially asks that freelancers NOT violate Amazon ToS, and stipulates that doing so is a violation of Upwork ToS.

So this job posting violates Upwork ToS, and should be removed. You should go to the job listing page and use the "Flag as inappropriate" to report this job and have it removed.

You should also close the contract yourself on this job rather than participating in it.

re: "Will this reflect poorly on me now?"

That is a secondary concern. My answer: Hopefully this will NOT reflect poorly on you. If Upwork officially removes the job and contract for violating Upwork ToS, then there should be no record of it.

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if what process to take and do this has been helpful.
I would not have participated. I flagged the posting and closed the
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths