🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I've Submitting Proposals But no one Acce...
Page options
sakthi1056
Community Member

I've Submitting Proposals But no one Accepting

Hello, 

I'm from india. I'm Also an expert in Data entry, Web Research.

I'm an newbie to upwork. Everytime I submit my proposals client doesn't Recognizing my profile and I've wastes my Connects. I've Know about all clients are must keeps an eyes to Rated Persons and not to Newbies.

Please Share Your thoughts that how to be a better in Upwork and Let me read that How to show my Talents?

Regards,

Sivasakthi

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aizaddx
Community Member

Hi Sivasakthi,

First of all you need to know the nature of jobs, requirement of job, and nature of clients.

• Three tricks if you are a newbie.Try to bid only on difficult jobs or jobs with long description.
      Always bid on jobs with less than 5/between 5-10 proposals.
       Try to do one sample of what client is looking for and send him in the form of link to online google docs/excel sheet/power point.

Let me explain this with the help of various examples.

Picture 1: Difficult job.

You can see the picture 1 attached. This job is a little bit more complex and it has a long description. You can easily understand the job by reading the description two/three time.

• Now you need to do two things.
    1- Keep an eye on the activity of job i.e if the number of proposals are increasing or not.
    2- Previous history of client. i.e if he is trusting new freelancers/freelancers with low job success or not.

If the number of proposals are not increasing and you think you have understood the job do one sample and refer your client to online link toward that sample.

This will compel client to trust on your skills for that particular job.

Picture 2: Easy job.

As you can conclude from the job description. This looks like a very simple job. Every one will try to bid on this job. The chances for your proposal for getting viewed.opened will be less than 10%. Avoid bidding on this job. This is a very simple job and the client is definitely going to choose some random freelancer.

Case 1:

Some clients have budget issues. i.e they are looking for freelancers with lowest rates. Keep good eye on this kind of jobs. Please note that TOP Rated freelancers don't bother to bid on a job with low rates. So your chances of getting viewed will increase. (Do keep in mind do not bid on jobs already equipped with 10-15 proposals.)

Case 2:

Some clients are looking for high expertise, so you don't need to bid on the jobs in which client is looking for high expertise, because if you are a newbie client will not trust your skills unless you send a sample of what client is looking for. Keeping in mind the above tip for sending the proposal i.e Not to bid on job with already equipped with 10-15 proposals.

As far as proposal is concerned.

• 1- Do not tell your name.
    2- Do not tell him/her who you are.
    3- Do not write dear hiring manager, greetings, or anything similar in the first line of your proposal.
    4- Do not tell that you are a professional virtual assistant or graphic designer.

5- First line of your proposal is your strength make it customized and compelling. Compel the client to open your proposal after reading the first line of your proposal. If you have done a sample make sure to refer him toward the sample in the first line of your proposal, like "I have done a sample, can you please view? (Link toward the sample)

After that you can greet him or what ever you want to write in your proposal.

Do not forget to add a immediate call to action at the end of proposal. like.

" I look forward to discussing how I can help you with (insert whatever it is the client needs) with you soon. Regards
(Do NOT use "sincerely" or "sir" or anything overly formal unless you know the client is from a cultural background where this is more appropriate even on the internet)
As I have some spare time this week, it would be great to have a chat about (insert whatever it is the client needs) soon so we can get started. Regards
I have some ideas how we could get (insert whatever it is the client needs) done (choose one) quicker / more smoothly / cost-effectively / by implementing (inseet bright idea) and look forward to having a chat with you about it soon. " 

The tips in the double commas are not mine.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Muhammad.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
aizaddx
Community Member

Hi Sivasakthi,

First of all you need to know the nature of jobs, requirement of job, and nature of clients.

• Three tricks if you are a newbie.Try to bid only on difficult jobs or jobs with long description.
      Always bid on jobs with less than 5/between 5-10 proposals.
       Try to do one sample of what client is looking for and send him in the form of link to online google docs/excel sheet/power point.

Let me explain this with the help of various examples.

Picture 1: Difficult job.

You can see the picture 1 attached. This job is a little bit more complex and it has a long description. You can easily understand the job by reading the description two/three time.

• Now you need to do two things.
    1- Keep an eye on the activity of job i.e if the number of proposals are increasing or not.
    2- Previous history of client. i.e if he is trusting new freelancers/freelancers with low job success or not.

If the number of proposals are not increasing and you think you have understood the job do one sample and refer your client to online link toward that sample.

This will compel client to trust on your skills for that particular job.

Picture 2: Easy job.

As you can conclude from the job description. This looks like a very simple job. Every one will try to bid on this job. The chances for your proposal for getting viewed.opened will be less than 10%. Avoid bidding on this job. This is a very simple job and the client is definitely going to choose some random freelancer.

Case 1:

Some clients have budget issues. i.e they are looking for freelancers with lowest rates. Keep good eye on this kind of jobs. Please note that TOP Rated freelancers don't bother to bid on a job with low rates. So your chances of getting viewed will increase. (Do keep in mind do not bid on jobs already equipped with 10-15 proposals.)

Case 2:

Some clients are looking for high expertise, so you don't need to bid on the jobs in which client is looking for high expertise, because if you are a newbie client will not trust your skills unless you send a sample of what client is looking for. Keeping in mind the above tip for sending the proposal i.e Not to bid on job with already equipped with 10-15 proposals.

As far as proposal is concerned.

• 1- Do not tell your name.
    2- Do not tell him/her who you are.
    3- Do not write dear hiring manager, greetings, or anything similar in the first line of your proposal.
    4- Do not tell that you are a professional virtual assistant or graphic designer.

5- First line of your proposal is your strength make it customized and compelling. Compel the client to open your proposal after reading the first line of your proposal. If you have done a sample make sure to refer him toward the sample in the first line of your proposal, like "I have done a sample, can you please view? (Link toward the sample)

After that you can greet him or what ever you want to write in your proposal.

Do not forget to add a immediate call to action at the end of proposal. like.

" I look forward to discussing how I can help you with (insert whatever it is the client needs) with you soon. Regards
(Do NOT use "sincerely" or "sir" or anything overly formal unless you know the client is from a cultural background where this is more appropriate even on the internet)
As I have some spare time this week, it would be great to have a chat about (insert whatever it is the client needs) soon so we can get started. Regards
I have some ideas how we could get (insert whatever it is the client needs) done (choose one) quicker / more smoothly / cost-effectively / by implementing (inseet bright idea) and look forward to having a chat with you about it soon. " 

The tips in the double commas are not mine.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Muhammad.

Initially, the client only sees the first two or three lines of your profile.  Lose what you have and go straight into your skills and experience.  Hope that helps.

kat303
Community Member

Are you aware of how many freelancers on here who are also looking for the same type of jobs you are. Within about 1/2 hour there are over 200 freelancers applying for data entry jobs (most at the lowest rate possible) After an hour there may be 400 or more. What is going to set you apart from all those others. Why should the client hire you instead of the others. Do you have a special skill that not many others have in the data entry field? When you can answer those questions, they you'll have a much better chance of getting a job on here. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths