🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I've been asked to verify my ID, but I am wai...
Page options
86c9c617
Community Member

I've been asked to verify my ID, but I am waiting for an updated driving license.

I just joined Upwork the other day, I did my first paid job yesterday (yay!), and today got a message from Upwork saying that I need to verify my ID with them within the next 7 days, which is fine. But my only photo ID is my (UK) driving license, and I recently had to update the address on it, so they're sending me a new one and I won't receive it for up to 14 days. I don't have my old one because you have to cut them in half and send them back as soon as you request a new one.

Is there anything I can do?

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Craig,

If you have another ID you can submit it for a review. If not, once you get your new driving license you will be able to complete your verification.

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed.  Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths