🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I want orders on upwork
Page options
2a620bb4
Community Member

I want orders on upwork

Myself doctor saima from pakistan . New on upwork . I didnt get any order from last month even i have sent 30 plus requests while using my connects ☹️🙁😕kindlt please help me . I m very disoppointed 😔

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
colettelewis
Community Member

Saima, your profile doesn't add up. It would be best to revisit it and offer clients what you are capable of delivering - while you might be the best medic in the world, if you write, you must stick to your native language, or improve your English to fluent level. Also your photo is not convincing.  Anybody can dress up in scrubs and pose as a bona fide medic.  It is best to have a clear picture of yourself. You also need to add articles in your portfolio that are written by you. 

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
796a95d8
Community Member

If you are applying for positions that require using English, you have to improve your language skills. 

Articles world on English

pudingstudio
Community Member

Saima N wrote:

Myself doctor saima from pakistan . New on upwork . I didnt get any order from last month even i have sent 30 plus requests while using my connects ☹️🙁😕kindlt please help me . I m very disoppointed 😔

Not trying to offend, but your post doesn't suggest that you're "Native or Bilingual" in English as it states on your profile.

Maybe you can work on that?

Sure . I will work on it too. But i have send soo many proposals till now but didnt get any reponce . Just 5 views on my profile but not order 😞

I am trying to understand your thinking but I can't. Language ability is a core skill in terms of landing language-related jobs. I'm trying to understand why you think it's beside the point. That's a bit baffling. 

elisa_b
Community Member

What kind of jobs did you apply for?

2a620bb4
Community Member

I applied for medical content writting , medical tutor , researcher , consultant , 

elisa_b
Community Member

I don't know anything about medicine, but if you want to work as a writer, you have to be impeccable when you write both profile and proposals. You will hardly find somebody willing to hire you after they notice the errors in your profile.

Try to list in an organised and easy-to-read fashion what you can do for clients - focus on them, rather than on yourself.

2a620bb4
Community Member

Can you please guild me to make my profile up to date . 

elisa_b
Community Member

Just take a look at all the detailed content of the Academy section. That will help you a lot.

good

colettelewis
Community Member

Saima, your profile doesn't add up. It would be best to revisit it and offer clients what you are capable of delivering - while you might be the best medic in the world, if you write, you must stick to your native language, or improve your English to fluent level. Also your photo is not convincing.  Anybody can dress up in scrubs and pose as a bona fide medic.  It is best to have a clear picture of yourself. You also need to add articles in your portfolio that are written by you. 

Thnkuuu sooo much fir helping me . Can you please help me to make my profile upto mark .

Saima, there is work people can help you with, and there is work you have to do on your own. Your upwork profile must be your own work. Why? Because it shows your personality and style, and if you adapt someone else's, all your subsequent work and communication will not ring true. 

So this is how you do it: You take all the Academy courses, apply what you learned, and then come back to the forum for critique. 

18f703a3
Community Member

Get to update your profile before sending a proposal to the order that best fits that

d26f821a
Community Member

myself Arooj Ansa i m from pakistan new on upwork.i really want orders kindly please help me i am very disoppointed☹️

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths