🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I want to refund what I payed
Page options
6487f61b
Community Member

I want to refund what I payed

I created a job offer of 5$ but  I want to widthdraw and I want to ask how can I widthdraw my funds and If I verify my credit card would I get the fee that was charged by upwork??

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I created a job offer of 5$ but I want to widthdraw and I want to ask how can I widthdraw my funds and If I verify my credit card would I get the fee that was charged by Upwork?"

Maarij:
I'm not sure what you are referring to.

If you posted a job posting with a budget of $5, then that does not mean you were billed for $5.

As a client, whenever I post jobs, I don't pay anything at all.

If you posted a fixed-price job and sent an actual offer with an escrow payment, and then if the freelancer never accepted the "Hire" offer, then that money will be refunded automatically. After a freelancer rejects the offer, or after you withdraw the offer, the escrow money is refunded to the client AUTOMATICALLY. It takes 2 to 5 business days for that to happen.

It is possible to pay extra to have a "premium" job posting. That is a $30 fee.

It is also possible for a client to verify their payment method. There is a temporary charge associated with that. But those temporary charges are refunded automatically.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I created a job offer of 5$ but I want to widthdraw and I want to ask how can I widthdraw my funds and If I verify my credit card would I get the fee that was charged by Upwork?"

Maarij:
I'm not sure what you are referring to.

If you posted a job posting with a budget of $5, then that does not mean you were billed for $5.

As a client, whenever I post jobs, I don't pay anything at all.

If you posted a fixed-price job and sent an actual offer with an escrow payment, and then if the freelancer never accepted the "Hire" offer, then that money will be refunded automatically. After a freelancer rejects the offer, or after you withdraw the offer, the escrow money is refunded to the client AUTOMATICALLY. It takes 2 to 5 business days for that to happen.

It is possible to pay extra to have a "premium" job posting. That is a $30 fee.

It is also possible for a client to verify their payment method. There is a temporary charge associated with that. But those temporary charges are refunded automatically.

I hope that Upwork will start investigating new clients if they post cheap projects, interview candidates, then don't hire anyone.

Christine A wrote:

I hope that Upwork will start investigating new clients if they post cheap projects, interview candidates, then don't hire anyone.

But then there will be bans for NO REASON. And where will I get my LOLs when clients come to the client forum and complain that they paid a freelancer off-site and they got scammed and want Upwork's help. Think of all the LOLs we'd be missing.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths