🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I want to use a nick name instead of my full ...
Page options
sam_sandwich
Community Member

I want to use a nick name instead of my full government name. Is this possible?

Hi there,

I'm writing to ask about ID verification. The name I have now isn't my full legal name, which I do not use. I use a nickname and it looks like it's taking time to go through verification and I'm not sure how long that takes. I also still want to use my nickname instead and I'm wondering if there's a way to do this or just use the user name?

Thanks everyone!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Your Upwork profile has to reflect your legal name, or recognized variations thereof. So a nickname isn't something they'd approve, and is probably why you haven't been verified.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Your Upwork profile has to reflect your legal name, or recognized variations thereof. So a nickname isn't something they'd approve, and is probably why you haven't been verified.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sam G wrote:

Hi there,

I'm writing to ask about ID verification. The name I have now isn't my full legal name, which I do not use. I use a nickname and it looks like it's taking time to go through verification and I'm not sure how long that takes. I also still want to use my nickname instead and I'm wondering if there's a way to do this or just use the user name?

Thanks everyone!!

Further, when you name on upwork does not match the name on your bank account, you will not be able to withdraw your earnings. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths