🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I want to withdraw my last week submitted hou...
Page options
dmitriy-mazaryan
Community Member

I want to withdraw my last week submitted hours

Hi, upwork support team.

Now I am working on an hourly job and I've just received a message from your side which says my current contract has been placed on hold.

I didn't understand why this happened so I told my client about that message.

He said it's because of failure of his credit card charge.

He also said that he will pay me by manual hours only if the job finishes, not by weekly and he asked me to contact upwork support team to withdraw my last week's submitted time track hours.

I'd like to meet my client's requirements.

I will thank you if you help me to withdraw the time I've submmited without affecting my JSS and make my current contract back to normal.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
kat303
Community Member

Mazaryan - first of all STOP working. Any work you do from this point forward will not comply with Upworks payment protection plan. That goes for manual hours also. There is something wrong with the clients credit card. if he can't pay you regular hours, how is he going to pay you manual hours.

Clients do NOT have to pay for manual hours, and there's nothing you or Upwork can do concerning that. If you used tracker and annotated the screen shots it took, then even if the client's account is fraudulent, Upwork will pay you.

As stated above, the hours you work up until the contract was stopped, will be paid by Upwork. But nothing after that. Manual or otherwise. Everything is up to the client now. He can either fix the problem with his card, or he will scam you and get free work from this point forward. When Upwork unpauses the contract, then and only then should you start working again. Do NOT go by this clients word. Be smart about this.

Thanks for your kind explanation. So do I have to end this contract and ask my client to create a new contract? Or are there any alternative ways to remove the hold of this current contract so as to keep working? In case of ending contract, I think it will affect my job success score. As you can see in my profile, my JSS is 82% because one of my previous clients ended contract without discussing with me. The budget of his job was $60 and I had to buy a programme which costs $20 on online store to do his project. So I asked him to buy it for me but without saying anything he ended the contract.(You can find this investigating upwork messenger) That's why I got poor JSS. It's not my fault, I can tell you clearly! Please let me know the best way to keep working as well as meet the client's requirements. I also hope you will fix my poor JSS issue, too. Thanks

Hi Mazaryan, 

Please follow all the recommendations that Kathy has shared. Please do not start working with this Client's project unless the contract has been un-paused/unsuspended, and the client's payment method has already been verified. There is no need to end the contract just yet. 

You may read this help article to know more about the Upwork Hourly Protection for Freelancers.

~ Avery
Upwork

NOT referring to the original poster's situation, but just speaking in general terms:

If you hire a freelancer to work for you, and you can't afford to pay him for his or her work... that's not cool. The term "weasel" comes to mind.

@Mazaryan D wrote:

Thanks for your kind explanation. So do I have to end this contract and ask my client to create a new contract?

No, at this point do not end the contract. Mazaryan, do you not understand? If the client has something wrong with his credit card/bank account with this job it's going to be the same if he created a new contract.

Or are there any alternative ways to remove the hold of this current contract so as to keep working?

Yes, when the CLIENT fixes the problem with with their account and UPWORK removes the hold, Otherwise, until that's done, do not continue working.

In case of ending contract, I think it will affect my job success score. As you can see in my profile, my JSS is 82% because one of my previous clients ended contract without discussing with me. The budget of his job was $60 and I had to buy a programme which costs $20 on online store to do his project. So I asked him to buy it for me but without saying anything he ended the contract.(You can find this investigating upwork messenger) That's why I got poor JSS. It's not my fault, I can tell you clearly! Please let me know the best way to keep working as well as meet the client's requirements. I also hope you will fix my poor JSS issue, too. Thanks

All materials and equipment DIRECTLY related to working on this job and that will not be program or equipment that you will be using for other jobs here, (meaning, for your own personal use) should be paid by the client. And the amount of that program/equipment should have been entered as part of your proposal amount.

And the best way to keep working with this client, is at this point NOT TO CONTINUE WORKING UNTIL THE ISSUE WITH HIS CARD IS CORRECTED AND UPWORK UNPAUSES/UNSUSPENDS THE HOLD. Just woit until you have further instructions from Upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths