🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I was scammed
Page options
6f1ca139
Community Member

I was scammed

Hi, It's me Abdullah Munir, I am not sure I am scammed or not but I have recently worked with a person who made me an hourly offer. I have to purchase btc from my wallet and he will pay me on Upwork. I added 75$ manual time on Upwork and he accepted it. Upwork is showing it in work in progress. But after that he ended the contract and blocked me. I am worried about it and I don't know what's going to happen next. Can Upwork please have a look on it. Because his amount is still in upwork but he has blocked me and I don't know what I have to do now.
Please have a look on it and help me in it.

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
yofazza
Community Member

Hello, sorry, but yes you were scammed. In short, that money stated as pending in Upwork is taken from a stolen card, which will be reversed.

Here's a good read: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

6f1ca139
Community Member

The job was that I have to purchase btc in my account and have to send him. He agreed that he will give me comission on it. I added manual time of 30 minutes which is almost 75 dollars and he accepted it. After that I sent him btc. When He received it we agreed on fixed price contract. He finished the hourly contract and blocked me.

Now I don't know that I will get my money back or not. Because the work is in progress which is showing in my upwork reports. Can you please guide me in it. I realise that I did mistake but now I think we have to solve it.

Thank You

elisa_b
Community Member

You understand that purchasing crypto is not a "job", right? 

You are a developer. Stick to jobs where you can use your skills. 

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths