🐈
» Forums » Support » Creating account for a niqabi
Page options
maha9293
Community Member

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

773 REPLIES 773

Hi Nimra,

To complete your profile, you will need to provide your picture. If you are required to cover your face and would like to request a religious exemption, our team would be happy to assist you with it. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there,
I'm trying to upload my photo but it can't be recognized because I'm wearing a face cover "Niqab".
I'm Muslim and this is a religious practice I follow.
What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sara and Behishtia.

Could you please try uploading your profile photos again? Feel free to reach back to us if you need any additional assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
behii
Community Member

I dont want to use my picture as a profile image  because of religious purpose please let me know what should i do. 

re: "I dont want to use my picture as a profile image  because of religious purpose please let me know what should i do."

Freelancers on Upwork upload a photo.

Freelancers who wear religious garb may upload a photo of themselves wearing religious garb.

Freelancers who don't upload a photo at all are allowed to use other websites instead of Upwork.

Hi 

I request for religious exemption for uploading a profile pictire. Please help me out. 

Thanks 

Huma 

Hi Huma,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your profile photo. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Greetings,

I would like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture, as i’m Muslim. I can provide the picture and passport for your verification.

What should i do?

Hello Fai,

I understand your concern about uploading a profile photo. I will be happy to share more information on this. To complete their Upwork profile, all Freelancers are required to upload a profile picture. If you need to cover your face for religious purposes, we can add a religious exemption to your profile to allow you to upload a profile photo that covers your face. Let us know if you'd like to add an exemption and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Yes, i would like to add a religious exemption

Hi Fai,

You should be able to upload your profile picture now. Please check and let us know if you still need help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, I am a newbie on UPWORK. I am creating my profile but it did not allow me to save without uploading my picture Please help me regarding this issue.

Hi Ambr,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
587100f6
Community Member

I have religious issue in showing my face publically... I can submit my own picture to upwork community privately for verification..
Please do coorporate..
Or make an option to set privacy on profile picture.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Anum,

You should now be able to upload a picture of yourself with a veil. Let us know if you need further assistance from our end.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7eeb0dce
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I'm trying to create my profile, but due to religious matter I can't show my face. Kindly help me with this matter.

Thank you
Osha

Hi Osha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You should now be able to upload a picture of yourself with a veil. Let us know if you need further assistance from our end.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c5365592
Community Member

I can’t upload my face picture either. Is there any other way you can verify my identity?

re: "I can’t upload my face picture either. Is there any other way you can verify my identity?"

You may upload your face picture.

You are allowed to do so with hajib, niqab, etc.

Specialized Upwork representatives can work with you to verify your identity if necessary, such as during video interviews.

Alternatively, you may choose to not upload a face photo of any kind while using other platforms that don't require such.

Hi Eesha,

Can you please try uploading your photo with a veil once again? You should be able to do it now.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

it is required

Hi,

I think there is a chance that you may get a chance due to religious factors. I think the Upwork management will guide you further.

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our agents will reach out to you directly and gladly assist you with uploading your profile photo.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am a niqabi, How can I create an account without uploading my picture?

I am a girl with niqab (face cover). I need a help to verify my profile without revealing my face publicly.

I have valid Government ID card and other necessary documents.

Hi Nazrin,

Thank you for reaching out. One of our team members will contact you directly via email to help you. Please let me know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri

Hi,
I'm trying to upload my profile picture wearing niqab but it says "we weren't able to detect your face." Can you help me to fix this problem and verify my profile in a different way? Thanks

Hi Samira,

I apologize for the trouble this caused. Could you please try again uploading the photo you're referring to? Let us know if you were able to upload your profile photo.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yes, I was able to upload it! Thank you for your quick respond.

I am a girl with niqab (face cover). I need a help to verify my profile without revealing my face publicly.

Hi Hend,

Please try completing your profile now and if you receive any errors let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, it worked. 

4045d602
Community Member

Hello. I a facing the same problem. Could you help me out please?

Hi Sundus,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try again to upload your profile photo? Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Greetings

I am unable to upload my picture in a veil. Please look into this.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fassiha, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with uploading your profile photo. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Radwa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your request.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, 

I have the same problem and I need help. please.

I need to remove my current profile picture and replace it with my niqabi photo and I can't do that.

Hi Mona,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this request. Could you please try again uploading the photo you're referring to. Let us know if you were able to upload the niqabi photo.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
gulink
Community Member

Yellow I have the same problem. I was really looking forward to advance my freelancing career online but I cannot upload a photo of my face as I wear a niqab
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths