🐈
» Forums » Support » I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile pic...
Page options
maha9293
Community Member

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

773 REPLIES 773

Hi Mehwish,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try again to add your profile photo with the veil? Feel free to let us know if you need any further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
kabdullah
Community Member

Upwork not allowing me to upload my picture in niqab. I belong to Pakistan and i am a muslim.

**Edited for community guidelines**

please allow me to wear the niqab.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Komal. Could you please try again to upload your profile photo in niqab? Let us know if you need any further assistance, we're here to help.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kabdullah
Community Member

Thank you so much. Problem solved.

0932cb75
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue while building my profile. I can't proceed because Upwork isn't accepting my photo with Niqab. Please help me out in this regard.

Hi Arooba,

We definitely accommodate for situations like this. Could you please try uploading your profile picture again? You should be able to upload the one where you're wearing Niqab.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mehkzahra_512
Community Member

i wear veil and i cannot put my face on profile photo please tell what is the solution?

Hi Mehk,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Could you please try again to upload your photo with the vail.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

it's still not working

I also wear veil and want to upload profile picture with wearing veil on please help me to upload profile picture with veil because upwork is not accepting it

Hi Raju,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try again to upload your profile photo again? Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork

2902c0e3
Community Member

I want to work as a freelancer on Upwork and was looking forward to establishing my reputation here on Upwork. But I was really disappointed with the fact that you needed a face-to-face photo to complete the profile.

As you may know, many girls here in Muslim countries cover their faces, so I think the fact is that we can't work because of this simple problem.

Hi Tahrim,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your profile image. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank You Sir.

Waiting.....

Hi There, 

Yes, I agree with Tahrim that profile pic should be optional or not necessarily a face-photo as some countries are sensitive showing face photo.  I think upWork should be sensitive or considerate regarding this matter. I don't believe that true face-photo reflects your skills and professionalism with upWork community.  

Kudos to all! 

Hi Tharim,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I opened this link... then what will I do now? Please guide me, I can't understand.

Hi Tahrim,

On the link you can find your ticket section, once you click on your ticket title you will be directed on a new window where you can communicate with our team. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi I have the same problem as Tahrim can you please tell me what should I do

Hello I do not want to upload a picture as well is there a way to make this work? Thank you. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maha,

Would you like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same problem what should I do

because as a Muslim I usually cover my face  so its a problem for me to upload my picture to public

Hi Rawan,

You should be able to proceed now. If you're experiencing any problems on your end, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much for helping but still can't submit my profile without the profile picture

Hi Rawan,

Do you receive any errors on your end? If yes, please share the text of the error you're receiving on your end. 
I would also recommend to log out, clear your cache and cookies and try to submit your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Hi Rawan,

Do you receive any errors on your end? If yes, please share the text of the error you're receiving on your end. 
I would also recommend to log out, clear your cache and cookies and try to submit your application. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 11.34.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-24 at 11.34.36 AM.png

Goran V wrote:

Hi Rawan,

I did all that you said still can't submit

Hi Rawan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
fabb64
Community Member

I cant upload my photo because of religious reason.Is there any other way to upload my photo in hijab.
JoanneP

Hi Begum,

I checked, and it looks like you already created a ticket regarding this concern. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
binalias
Community Member

I don't want to upload my photo as profile picture due to religious reasons.Is it possible to have a account without my photo as a profile picture?

Hi Bina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your profile photo. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there!

Please can you assist me in this regard as well. I have completed the rest of my profile but for religious reasons, do not want to upload a profile photo.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sasha,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your profile photo. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi. I also don't want to upload my photo. Is it possible that if you can help me with getting my profile accepted please. I would be grateful.

Thank you

Hi Mahnoor,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your profile photo. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey!
Same case. Can you help me, too? 

Thanks. 🙂

Hi A Q,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths