🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I wonder if I have issues with my freelancer ...
Page options
alinberce
Community Member

I wonder if I have issues with my freelancer account

First of all, either I am not good of searching through support, either the communication with the upwork is very well hidden.

Long story short:

1. I came to upwork and when tried to register with my email address I got a message that the email is already in use, which was weird.

2. I've registered with a new email successfully and received the validation email. After following it went until the point where I had to add profile information like picture, experience etc. There at the bottom, there was Delete account button.

3. Since my primary email adress was used, I've seen that there is a option to reset the passwrod which I've tried, so after answering the security question and using the link received in the email, I was able to reset the password. It turns out that I've actually registered quite a long time ago but forgot.

There are a few questions I have:

a) Since I've pressed the Delete account button on my newly registered account, how can I be sure that I don't break upwork's terms of service? From what I've read there is no allowances of two accounts. When I try to login using the username or the email of the newly registered account, it says that it is incorrect. I guess that thing I am asking is if my old account is ok to use and I don't get myself banned later after I invest into it.

b) Can I update the first name by adding another one and also change the email address? I actually want to remove the old email and use the one I've tried to register with.

c) is there a way to contact upwork support through email? It's concerning that I did not see that option.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alin,

a) Since you`re receiving that message when your trying to long in your account is already closed. 

b) You can submit a name change request by updating your name from Settings > Contact Info > Account. Your name on Upwork needs to be your full legal name.
You can also update the email address by follow the same steps from above. If you would like to use the email from your closed account, consistently you won't be able to. 

c) You can reach our Customer Support on this Link. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, Thank you for your time.

a) so basically because I haven't actually used the second account, I did not break the terms of use?

b) got it. It's weird because trying to register a new account with the closed account address allows me (at least on the initial step)

c) I've already went to that link before, beside articles and a Get help which redirects me to community, and chat with a Bot,  I see no Contact us or Email us where I can submit issues related to my account to support.

Thank you very much for your time and detailed answer.

Regards

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths