🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I work without a contract and I don't know ho...
Page options
arqmarianat
Community Member

I work without a contract and I don't know how to get paid

I am new to Upwork, my first job was with illustrator and through that I did another one with the same contract, the payment was done without problem, my second job was to do some renders, I sent the proposal and when they did the interview we agreed everything What would we do, the proposal was closed but we continued working by chat, at the end of the work the client was going to pay me but neither of us knew how to do it since, since there is no contract, I cannot charge my money him, I don't know what to do, can someone help me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Mariana T wrote:

What would we do, the proposal was closed but we continued working by chat, at the end of the work the client was going to pay me but neither of us knew how to do it since, since there is no contract, I cannot charge my money him, I don't know what to do, can someone help me?

The client has to hire you. They can just go to your profile and click on HIRE. 

In future, don't work until you have acontract.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Mariana T wrote:

What would we do, the proposal was closed but we continued working by chat, at the end of the work the client was going to pay me but neither of us knew how to do it since, since there is no contract, I cannot charge my money him, I don't know what to do, can someone help me?

The client has to hire you. They can just go to your profile and click on HIRE. 

In future, don't work until you have acontract.

Thank you very much, I will try.

Hi Mariana,

You can find more useful information and advice on the freelancer resources we have compiled here designed to help new users on Upwork. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths