🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » ID verification
Page options
jharna_10
Community Member

ID verification

Upwork community,

My account says "Military Veteran" but I had not changed the option anytime. I never did the military service but appear as military veteran. I have changed the profile several time but profile shows "Military Veteran" always. 

Please help to solve the problem.

jharna_10_0-1643959803669.png

Thanks & regards,

Jharna

12 REPLIES 12
PradeepH

Hi Jharna,

Thank you for your message. To update the Military Veteran status, please click the '+' sign and click 'I did not serve in the military' option.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Dear Pradeep H.

I would like to know from you, if my client's account is suspended, will my account be suspended..??

Thank You .

Aysha..

Hello Aysha,

Thank you for your message. I do not see any active contract with a client on your Upwork. Could you please tell us more about your concern?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Dear Pradeep H

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to speak. What I will say now is an incident that happened to a very close friend of mine. He had been working at Upwork for a long time. But suddenly his account was suspended. Upwork did not give a specific reason for the suspension. And not replying to any mail. What should my friend do in such a situation?

Thank You,

Aysha..

I honestly doubt it, UpWork always gives a reason for suspension; usually suspensions are related to the freelancer breaking the terms of service and such is always communicated via email to the freelancer using the email address linked to their account.  If you friend claims that they don't know why they may not be telling the whole truth.

Hi!
I think it got removed now. I see a + button in front of the Military veteran option under verification. Is it removed? 

Hi Khalid,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like Military Veteran status is removed now. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
652edcaa
Community Member

Chào  Nikola S,

I am having a similar problem. Can you help me?

Hi Dat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share more information about the issue you experience? I checked your profile and it looks like you do not have Military Veteran status added.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d0021caa
Community Member

I have tried to remove it by a similar process several times. But it is still there. What else to do? 

Hi Khalid,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try using, 'I don’t want to disclose this information' and click 'Next' to remove the Military Veteran status? If this is still not removed, try clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser or use another browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
hamagust
Community Member

Hi,

I found this part of the profile setting webpage also confusing. And have already asked and got a response from the support team, so I want to share it...

That 'Verification' section has a different logic from other sections like 'Education', 'Languages', etc. 🤔 Instead of having the '+' symbol with the title ('Verifications'), an available verification alternative presented there... So, that image does not mean you have the military veteran certification badge (?) added to your profile... 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths