cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDEA FOR UPWORK! Client Testimonials

Mantas A Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
1 of 14

Hey everyone,

I have an Idea! As a new freelancer, I'm having hard time to find the first client. Mostly because I have no Upwork feedback on my profile.

What about the ability to add a client-verified testimonial from previous clients or even LinkedIn? It would add more weight to clients to hire me for the first time.

What do you guys think? 

Jithin T Member Since: Oct 2, 2018
2 of 14

I believe its a good idea for beginners to get attention. Even I have seen TOOGIT having this feature to import ratings from upwork to toogit.

Jithin T Member Since: Oct 2, 2018
3 of 14

" But as a new freelancer " ?? I see you have hit $100k already...lol

4 of 14

I find it a great feature for newbies. Could help me at a moment when I was starting here.

Ace Contributor
Noureldin Y Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
5 of 14

That's very recommended ! the UpWork Readiness test [study content], saying its good to add previous work proof if you're new to support your profile.

Signature : I found the key to happiness. Stay away from idiots. -Morgan Freeman
6 of 14

Yes. It similar what can be done on 'Profile description'. Also it could be signed/verified by a real client/company.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
7 of 14

The problem with this idea is that you can't verify anything. People would show up with verified testimonial of tons of clients. You would have the same testimonials with different names all over the place and cousins would write testimonials for cousins.

After having hanged over these forums and Reddit and after having hired freelancers on Upwork, I can tell that every single hole in the system is taken advantage of. If something can be done to cheat, to milk a client, to play a trick, it will be done.

Portfolios are already stolen en masse. Overviews are copied and pasted. Education are faked. I think that while true and honest professionals do exist on Upwork, they are in minority.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
8 of 14

It could be some 'hard to fake' verification so at least it there would be proof of a connection between freelancer and a client. However, it's up to UW. Would love to see this feature.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
9 of 14

Mantas A wrote:

It could be some 'hard to fake' verification 

Sounds like something that turns stones into water solution for the lack of drinkable water issue.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Misty B Member Since: Sep 10, 2019
10 of 14
Hi I agree. I have been new to Upwork for a while and have had a very difficult time getting my first job. I gave up but know I am back to try it again.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS