Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDEA FOR UPWORK! Client Testimonials

Ace Contributor
Paul E Member Since: Apr 3, 2018
11 of 14

Misty B wrote:

"Hi I agree. I have been new to Upwork for a while and have had a very difficult time getting my first job. I gave up but know I am back to try it again."

Hang in there, Misty.

You'll get your first eventually!  Even if you have to take a small $5 or $10 job for a quick fix or something a client couldn't do themselves, or needs quickly.

My first job was for $30, and then it started to be more frequent. And, as the Upwork portfolio got built up, more clients came my way. I have 20 years of graohcis design that I could draw from, so alwasy keep your old jobs handy.  

Remember: There are a lot of people vyying for the same job, and within minutes, there could be ten people who've applied, maybe more. It's aways a good idea to organize your various past work samples for particular clients (ie. bookkeeping, accounting, payroll, data entry) into separate, easy to access folders.

Maybe keep your cover letters in one document handy on your desktop. You should have several versions ready to copy and paste. Then you can tweak and personalize, as opposed to writing the same cover letter from scratch every time. Every job is different and you must be sure to make each cover letter specific to the job but paragraphs like who you are and what your credentials are can be standard.

I type slowly because I'm a designer and always have a Wacon pen in my hand, so it's best for me to have most of the cover letter complete.

Best of luck! 

-Paul

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
12 of 14

Why not just share a link to your LinkedIn profile in your proposals so clients can see the testimonials in their natural habitat?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
13 of 14

Hi Mantas, 

Thank you for your suggestion. I will share it with the team for their consideration. 

I would just like to note that currently you should be able to add testimonials from your clients outside of Upwork by adding a quote from them on your profile overview. This could be a good work-around while your feature request is not available. I hope this helps!

-Avery
Untitled
Mantas A Member Since: Apr 10, 2018
14 of 14

Thanks, Avery.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS