🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Identity Verification for Different natio...
Page options
susanto-zefan
Community Member

Identity Verification for Different nationality

Hi everyone. I have an Indonesian nationality, but I have moved to UK since october, and have the permission to work here. I've previously setup an Upwork account under my Indonesian details and can't modify either my location and my phone number in the setting. I decide to make another upwork account under my British details information, and the website ask for 2 way identifiaction either using British passport or British driving license that I don't have both of them. I do have a proof of Visa and Resident permit that I could provide for the identity verification. What is the best solution for my case? Thank you so much.

10 REPLIES 10
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Zefan,

Just to confirm that opening more than one account is a serious violation of our TOS and I would strongly suggest to close one account and continue with the one you would like to keep.

Regarding your location verification, we do have additional options on how to verify your location. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with this. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your fast response. I've already deleted my inactive account.
Please help me with the identification verification thank you

Hello,

I have the same issue. living in London, but I don't have a UK driving license or British passport.

May you please advise with the location verification procedure?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Apostolos,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I am in the UK and have a residency which allows me to work. 

I dont have UK driving license or passport. 

Can you please get my identity verified so i can apply for relevant jobs in the UK. 

Regards

Satya

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Satyaprakash,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mollyulm
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue. I don't have a UK passport or driver's licence. Can I send in my visa or BRP?

Hi Molly,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with your verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
f75d128a
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue. I don't have a British passport or driver's licence. Can I send in my BRP or Visa page?

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths