I have changed my surname from Maduro to Mangalus lately without knowing that it will still undergo Identity verification. My problems are:
1. I am newly married and my marriage certificate is still pending.
2. My valid IDs are still also not updated because it requires marriage certificate.
3. Proof of billing is also under my maiden name.
I also have a question? Can I request to the admin that my request for change of name be discarded and I will continue using my previous surname instead?
Can someone help me please?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi Anna Cecilia,
Please follow up on the request our team sent you as soon as you have the new ID ready, in order to verify your identity. Also note that you need to use your legal name on your account and there's no way to cancel the ID verification request generated for your account.
Oh, I have spoken to a customer support just a few minutes ago. And I requested that my request for change of surname be cancelled and she said that my request for change of name had been cancelled.
So I will have to send my verification documents under my maiden name(original name registered in upwork)? or still my married name (requested change of name to upwork)?
Once your have the new ID ready, please update your profile name and provide the documents by using the link our team sent you earlier. Please note that it's important to keep your profile updated with the latest information in order to avoid possible difficulties in using your account.
My Maiden name is Anna Cecilia Maduro but recently I changed my surname without knowing that I have to undergo verification first before changing it by Upwork, my problems are:
1. I'm newly married, marriage certificate is still pending.
2. Requirements are valid ID's. All my valid ID's, including licenses and passport are not yet updated.
3. Proof of billing, not yet updated.
My question is, can I continue on Upwork using my maiden name and disregard my request for change of surname?