cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verification

Highlighted
Dmytro K Member Since: Jul 18, 2017
1 of 9

Good afternoon! I want to pass verification for my page. Tell me please, how can I pass identity verification with video chat? What do I need to do?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 9

Hi Dmytro, welcome to Upwork!

While you're not required to verify your profile at the moment, our team will send you an email notification with instructions you need to follow in the near future.

Highlighted
Maxim A Member Since: Jul 18, 2017
3 of 9

Hi Vladimir.

I have the same question. There is notification on my page saying to avoid restrictions I have to complete video verification.

I tried to pass the verification procedure, but each time I was returned back to my page with no result.

What I have to do to remove this annoying warning?

Highlighted
4 of 9

Hi Maxim,

I checked and it doesn't look like you initiated the verification procedure. Can you please clear your cache and cookies > log into your account on your computer > open the notification email or ticket and click the link our team included in their message? 

Please let me know what happens afterwards and if you were able to verify your profile.

Highlighted
5 of 9

Vladimir,

Here is the screenshot of the message I get:
http://joxi.ru/krDgx4Mt04GBpA

After I click the link I get this:

http://joxi.ru/ZrJBp4Mi1nQRlr 

And after I click "Chat now" the input form of video chat appears in bottom right corner for a while and I get redirected back to my account page. This happens too fast to take a screenshot.

So I can't complite the verification procedure.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 9

Hi Maxim,

Could you please try clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser to access the link?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
7 of 9

Hi Valeria,

I cleared cache and cookies before taking those screenshots. I installed chrome specifically to go through the verification process. Since in the safari I received a message that the video is not supported.

I also installed Mozilla Firefox, which had never been installed before.
The situation is the same. It does not matter which link I click on from the profile or from your message.

The input form for the name and other data is opened, then in a short time a redirect to my account happens. That's all.

Maxim.

Highlighted
8 of 9

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for following up. I'll investigate this further and follow up with more information soon.

Highlighted
9 of 9

Hi Maxim,

Our team just sent you a notification you can follow up on, complete the verification procedure and resume using your account.