🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Identity details
Page options
robertabr
Community Member

Identity details

Hello,
I’m quite new to Upwork and have just landed a new job offer. I have been discussing with the client the details of the job and now he wants to make a contract, but for it he is asking me for some of my personal information like name, address, email and phone to add them to the contract. I was also asked for a copy of my ID or passport if possible.
Even though I can see that his payment method is verified (however, he’s only had one job), I’m not sure if I should give out my personal information. None of the other clients have asked for such details. It is a higher paid job, but I’m not sure if I am comfortable giving out my personal information. Do clients really need it for putting up a contract?
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Roberta,

I would strongly recommend not to share any personal information with your client. If your client needs any information they can reach out to our Customer Support directly.

One of our team members will also reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible where you can share your client information. Our team will investigate it further and take proper actions if any violations are found, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,
Thanks for your answer. I’ll do as you said.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths