🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Identity verification and Blue verification b...
Page options
zoy002
Community Member

Identity verification and Blue verification badge

Hello Upwork!

I am new in Upwork. This account was re-activated by Upwork officials. So i want some help from you. 

1. After re-activating my account i discovered that there are no Connects to begin working. Obviously this is totally my fault  because my account was suspended due to sending too many proposals at a time one year ago. I was very new and learner that is why i made a serious mistake. Now that i'm well aware of Upwork policies, i want to grow my business and skill. There are no connects available, so i have to buy some or get a Plus Membership. But its sad that, i have no credit card of my own. I'm from Bangladesh and its hard here to get a credit card and i am in a bad situation from my financial thing. Can you please give me some connects to start bidding for my first job please? Or, can i use my friend's credit card to buy connects or get a Plus Membership?

2. As i want to work in Upwork seriously, I want to verify my identity through my Smart National ID Card of Bangladesh and with a video call verification. But there is no option in my setting as "Identify Yourself". Please help me to verify my identity and get a blue verification badge.

Thanks,

Zoy.

**Edited for community guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zoy,

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships please read this help article.

Your account is not eligible for ID verification badge yet. We are rolling out ID badges to more freelancers so stay tuned, you will receive a notification once your account is eligible.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths