🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Idle contracts
Page options
pamela_sironi
Community Member

Idle contracts

Hello Community,

Thank you in advance for your precious help.

2 of my contracts are “idle” since a couple of months.
I’ve sent messages to the clients asking for updates and asking (very politely) to close the contracts if they do not need me any more.
No answers.

What am I supposed to do?

If I close the contracts myself I’m not receiving a private feedback (this is what I have been told) but I do not want these contracts to stay as they are for a long time ...

Can you pls suggest me a solution or suggestion?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for your question. You can still receive Private Feedback even if you close the contract. However, this will require the client to actively go to the contract page to give feedback. One of the advantages of having the client close the contract is that they are required to leave feedback when doing so. If these contracts have been open for a number of months with no response from the clients, I would suggest ending the contracts.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike

Thank you very much for your answer!

how long do you think I should wait before closing an idle contract ? 

Hi Pamela,

If a contract didn't work out at all and has no earnings, it's best to close it after only a few weeks. If you did have earnings, then it's okay to leave it open a little longer, but I wouldn't leave it more than a month. Ideally, you want to end contracts as soon as the scope of work has been completed.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths