🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » If I finish early, is it on me to wait for th...
Page options
christianh645
Community Member

If I finish early, is it on me to wait for the customer? Read description

So the guy gave me 9ish days to complete a fairly simple job that I worked really hard on and got done some pretty good work in about 3 or 4. I submitted the project 3 days ago and I have messaged him to only be ignored and then get excuses in response. Since I’m new, and this is my first job I thought it better to ask whether it is on me to be patient, or since the work is done, should I demand he examine the documents and confirm my contract?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

H Christian,

You were hired on a fixed price contract, correct? You will need to submit the work on the milestone created for you. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

H Christian,

You were hired on a fixed price contract, correct? You will need to submit the work on the milestone created for you. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

This answered my question! Thank you for your patient response. Take Care!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths