🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Im hired but shift to another designer.
Page options
pinamalayanboy27
Community Member

Im hired but shift to another designer.

Hello Upwork Team,

Good day! Im newbie here. My question is, How should I know that the client is ready to accept my proposals which are fixed-project We have a discussion on messages & told me that I'm hired. Then I ask them for a security deposit or milestone for each other protections but later they shift to another designer?

Thanks for your helpful answer.

Regards,

Arman P.

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

If you were hired, then you will see the contract listed here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

Otherwise, you were not hired.

The client was not obligated to hire you. The client had a right to hire somebody else.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arman, 

I checked your account and can confirm that you don't have a contract with this client. As Preston has shared, if the client had intended to hire you, they should have sent you an offer through Upwork. You will be able to accept this offer, which automatically creates a contract on your My Jobs page. As a gentle reminder, we highly recommend that you only start working when the above happens, and when the client's payment method is verified, and the contract is active. 

I highly recommend that you read up the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths