🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Im pretty new on this so im asking for advice...
Page options
gabrielavila
Community Member

Im pretty new on this so im asking for advices.

Hi, im really new at this, I just have 2 questions at the moment.

Are weekends slowers than week days? (when it comes to people offering jobs)

What was you experience getting your first job as a freelancer and how long it took you?.

Just trying to find the answers for that.

1 REPLY 1
cheeley18
Community Member

Hi Gabriel!

From my own experience, I'd like to answer your 2 questions as below:

1. Are weekends slowers than week days? (when it comes to people offering jobs) --> It's true to me. I rarely see any new job postings on Saturday and Sunday.

2. What was you experience getting your first job as a freelancer and how long it took you?

It took me more than 1 month to get my first job. To maximize your chance to get hired, try to read the job posting serveral times to make sure you understand what you need to do. Then, write an attractive cover letter mentioning that you have read it, known what to do, and show your relevant abilities/skills. To be honest, don't write a long proposal with a lot of information about you or irrelevant past experience. The client won't spend time reading it! Keep it short, but informative. You can scroll down the job posting to see other freelancers' feedback for that client and try to seek for his/her name and mention it on the greeting of your cover letter. For example: Dear Anna, instead of Hi, or Dear sir/madam 🙂 By this way, you can impress your client.

Anyways, it usually takes a lot of time for us to get our first job. So, be patient and keep high quality sending proposals 😄 Goodluck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths