🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Impact of incomplete payment on Job Success S...
Page options
mubeenhaider72
Community Member

Impact of incomplete payment on Job Success Score

Hello Dear Fellows,

I got a contract of 100$ with first milestone defined as 50$. I have completed work for first milestone and the client has paid me 50$ for that work. However, the client has not yet started the next milestone i.e. next 50$ have not been submitted to escrow from client. If the clients ends contract at this stage, how would this contract of half earning (50$ earned instead of 100$) affect my Job Success Score, positive or negative or no impact?

Best Regards,  

5 REPLIES 5
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hello Mubeen, the only things that could affect your JSS are the clients' public and private feedback these could affect your JSS in either a positive or a negative way. Also, ZERO paid contracts could negatively affect your JSS.

Regarding your case, you don't need to worry about anything as long as you finished at least part of the work and got paid, with client satisfaction.

I hope this helps. Wish you the best of luck.

Youssef

I am very much thankful Mr. Youssef for your response and guidance.
As I'm very worried, I request an Upwork staff member comments on my scenario/question. I shall be so thankful.

Mubeen H wrote:
IIf the clients ends contract at this stage, how would this contract of half earning (50$ earned instead of 100$) affect my Job Success Score, positive or negative or no impact?

It is completely and utterly irrelevant whether the budget was $ 50 or $ 100 - that does not affect the JSS in any way. Only the client's feedback (mainly, if not entirely, their PRIVATE feedback) affects your JSS for better or for worse.

re: "I request an Upwork staff member comments on my scenario/question."

If you want an Upwork staff member to comment on your scenario or question, then you need to create an Upwork Customer Support ticket.

It is not appropriate for you to make such a request within the Community Forum.

It is also unnecessary.

Thanks Mr. Preston, I didnot know about Upwork Customer Support Ticket. Thanks for your guidance.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths