🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Important Question
Page options
arfat-hossen
Community Member

Important Question

Hello Upwork Team!

Hope all guys are well! My question

I have completed successfully worked with the client today. When the client wants to give feedback, he told me that he will not be able to give me feedback after 30 days. Do I know the reason? Look forward to the solution!!

Thanks,
Arfat Hossen

9 REPLIES 9
JoanneP

Hi Arfat,

On the screenshot you shared, it looks like you are referring to the Mid-Job FeedbackIn order to leave mid-contract feedback, certain criteria must be met. Please know that this is different from the feedback submitted by clients once a contract has been completed. If the project has already been completed, you may ask the client to end the contract. They will be prompted to share their feedback for you. Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Do I have to wait 30 days now? Or will I request the client to give feedback after terminating the contact?

sbilu131521
Community Member

Hi Arfat,

There may two reasons.

1. If the contract is still active, that is not ended by you or your client, then you can not ask for feedback.

2. Upwork changed its rules of giving or receiving feedback. Now, you can not ask a client for feedback after a very long period. Once the contract is ended, you can ask for feedback within 30 days (as I remember). So, if it is 30+ days, then you can not get any feedback.

Thanks

My client message

Thanks again for your good work. It says I can’t give feedback until 30 days. 

My question: When can I see the job in progress on my profile or can I request the client to end the contract tomorrow?

Arfat H wrote:

My client message

Thanks again for your good work. It says I can’t give feedback until 30 days. 

My question: When can I see the job in progress on my profile or can I request the client to end the contract tomorrow?

1. Mid-contract feedback is for contracts going on over a long time. You can request it after a contract reaches 30 days. It has no impact on your rating, or anything else, so just forget about it.

2. Regular feedback is given at the ending of a contract. Never end a contract yourself! Always let the client do it, as he will have to leave feedback at this point. 

But it was a $ 5 job and a one-time project. So I have to request after 30 days? Am I right?

Hi Arfat,

I would like to confirm that what Martina shared is correct. Please note that in order to leave mid-contract feedback certain criteria must be met:

• 30 days have passed since the start of the contract
  • There was a payment on the contract in the previous 30 days
  • Feedback has not been provided in the past 30 days (using the date that the feedback was last provided, not the date that the feedback was requested)

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks for your suggestion

Sagar S wrote:

Hi Arfat,

There may two reasons.

1. If the contract is still active, that is not ended by you or your client, then you can not ask for feedback.

2. Upwork changed its rules of giving or receiving feedback. Now, you can not ask a client for feedback after a very long period. Once the contract is ended, you can ask for feedback within 30 days (as I remember). So, if it is 30+ days, then you can not get any feedback.

Thanks

What are you talking about? Don't spread misinformation! You are wrong on both counts. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths