🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Impossible to upload a profile photo
Page options
mindyourlanguage
Community Member

Impossible to upload a profile photo

I cannot upload a photo to complete my profile, and really need to contact somebody at the Help Centre. I keep being directed to a bot that cannot help me.

I select a photo, and nothing happens. No Upwork webpage does not attempt to upload the photo, after 'select photo'. I've been encountering this problem every day for the past five days.

Not sure what the issue is. I have tried selecting several photos - low-res to hi-res, cropped, uncropped... but nothing works. 

I've closed the browser, cleared tried three different browsers. All I've accomplished so far is the loss of all my written profile input - eight times.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Danie,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Danie,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
djbuck
Community Member

I'm having the same problem with a different twist.  I can upload the picture but the website won't accept it.  It says I can't have a picture with sunglasses.  BUT, I do not have sunglasses on.  I wear tri-focal progressive lenses with tint.  It is the only pair of glasses I have - and I have to wear them all the time.  

My ID is djbuck and I am a new member unable to complete my profile because of the photo.

Dale Buchanan

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dale, 

I apologise for the inconvenience.  A member of the customer support team will reach out to you to assist you further with your issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
38370d07
Community Member

the issue continues
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicola, 

I would like to note that your photo should meet the following guidelines for it to be accepted by the system

• It is a clear, headshot-style photo of you which is cropped from the top of your head, and just below your shoulders
  • You are not wearing sunglasses in the photo
  • It is not a logo or clip-art
  • It is not a group photo
  • The photo was not digitally-altered 

Please upload a photo that meets the guidelines above, or follow the tips in this blog post for a guide on picture-perfect profile photo. 

~ Avery
Upwork
f24101b2
Community Member

I'm also facing this problem and non of picture is accepted, been trying for hours and still left with an incomplete profile. Please help me!

Hi Banafsha,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to Upwork! I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths