🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Inactive Client
Page options
hardeep_p
Community Member

Inactive Client

Hey everyone,

Two of my clients are inactive for the past three months, even after many follow up messages, they are neither responding nor ending the contract. So my question is if I end the contract does it gonna affect my profile. Please enlighten me.

Thanks in Advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hardeep:

Your best strategy is to WAIT on closing those jobs.

Get a number of other jobs... They can be small jobs, even. Do a great job on them. Stay in contact with the clients and make sure the jobs are closed while the clients are still around. Ask the clients to close those jobs when the work is done.

After you have a good number of successfully closed jobs WITH client feedback, then close your inactive jbos, interspersed with the closing of jobs that DO have feedback.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dremru
Community Member

Hi Hardeep.

Since those literally represent two thirds of your total contracts, ending two of them without getting feedback is going to impact you , yes, probably preventing you from getting the Rising talent perk and affecting your future JSS.

However it is always recommended to end contracts that have been stagnant for long, since those affect your JSS even more.

My suggestions is to send them another message explaining that you are thinking about closing the contract because lack of response, and if they don't respond, close them yourself.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Hardeep:

Will it affect your profile?

It depends.

If YOU close a contract right now without getting feedback, it will probably cause a drop in your JSS, when it appears.

If I do it, it probably won't hurt.

Because you have only 4 jobs right now, and only 1 with feedback.

So that means the PROPORTION of your closed contracts with zero feedback is too high.

I have over 160 jobs completed. There are many without feedback, the PROPORTION is pretty low, so my JSS is not affected by that, or affected in a relatively small way by that.

Hardeep:

Your best strategy is to WAIT on closing those jobs.

Get a number of other jobs... They can be small jobs, even. Do a great job on them. Stay in contact with the clients and make sure the jobs are closed while the clients are still around. Ask the clients to close those jobs when the work is done.

After you have a good number of successfully closed jobs WITH client feedback, then close your inactive jbos, interspersed with the closing of jobs that DO have feedback.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths