🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Inactive client. But he already paid.
Page options
paco020295
Community Member

Inactive client. But he already paid.

Hello.

Let me explain the situation. I did a job for one of my clients. He was satisfied and he even paid the milestone. There are no milestones left. But now he became inactive. 

The last time we spoke was on the 18th of may. I read that it is best to close the contract if it is inactive for "a long period of time". How much is a long time? What is my best course of action? I wrote to him a couple of time requesting to end contract and give feedback. From what he told me, he had a nice experience with me. Should i wait?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, you should ask the client to end the contract once the project is complete...that is if the client is still on the platform. We've discussed this topic a lot in this forum.  Supposedly it won't affect your JSS if you leave it open.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
robin_hyman
Community Member

Yes you should wait to close the contract. If he left the platform he won't be able to provide feedback anyway. It doesn't hurt to leave a paid contract open.

Thanks for the response Robin. But this is my concern:
"Ask clients to close the contract as soon as possible if the work on the project is done."

From https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-My-Job-Success-Score?flash_digest=b873504ff9a...
What happens if the contract is not closed "as soon as possible"? Is there a point when this starts to affect me more than closing the contract myself?

Yes, you should ask the client to end the contract once the project is complete...that is if the client is still on the platform. We've discussed this topic a lot in this forum.  Supposedly it won't affect your JSS if you leave it open.

Thank you very much!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths