🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Information by email?
Page options
Community Member

Information by email?

Hi.
Is it correct that they ask for your email to give you more information about the job or to have an interview by chat(gmail)?

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "I have client asking me to sign up first for NDA and do 1000 research work first before they have me contract."

It is common to sign an NDA before working or even before doing an interview.

Someone asked you do research before you have a contract???

No, that is not how this works. If a client wants you to do research or any other kind of work, then they need to hire you first.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Charles Javier Y wrote:

Hi.
Is it correct that they ask for your email to give you more information about the job or to have an interview by chat(gmail)?

Thanks.

No. Don't do that.

Hi, I'm new here. I need some advise. I have client asking me to sign up first for NDA and do 1000 research work first before they have me contract.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joy,

Please be careful not to share any private or sensitive information with clients on Upwork. All the information needed to hire and pay you via Upwork is available on your profile. Also, please note that any requesting of free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is ToS violation. 

You can check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

re: "I have client asking me to sign up first for NDA and do 1000 research work first before they have me contract."

It is common to sign an NDA before working or even before doing an interview.

Someone asked you do research before you have a contract???

No, that is not how this works. If a client wants you to do research or any other kind of work, then they need to hire you first.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths