🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Initial sign-up
Page options
deborahemiller
Community Member

Initial sign-up

I am attempting my initial sign-up and entered the type of work fine, but when it asks me to list specific skills, it says a list of "acceptable" skills will popup when I start typing in the field, but it does not.  Anyone had this problem and found a solution?

8 REPLIES 8
michelleschavez
Community Member

I am having the same issue! I do not have a solution yet. I've gone through all the "Help" steps that the site took me through, only to be allowed to post a question here. Hopefully someone will chime in with a way for us to contact Upwork directly and let them know of this issue...

joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Deborah,

Same goes with what I have advised to Michelle. Please delete cache and cookies or use a different browser, let's see if this will work. Should the problem persist, please let us know.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Thanks, but I tried IE and Chrome and neither work.  😞 I have my browsing history set up jto be automatically deleted.  Don't know of any other problems I might have that might give me some insight into this issue, because I can't get any farther than this skill field on first page.  

Any other suggestions?  

Hi Deborah,

One of our team member will get in touch with you. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I have only been able to create an account. The first page of creating my profile will not load properly, so I can't fill anything out. How do I actually contact Upwork to resolve this issue? I've gone through all the "Help" sections, and it will only let me ask this question here in the community. Very frustrating way to begin with this site, to say the least. 

Hi Michelle,

We are sorry to hear about the error you encountered. Please try to clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser. Let us know if this problem persist.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi Jo-An,

I'm reaching out regarding this forum discussion about issues with signing up. I'm having the same program.

When I try to set up my account, I'm about to select the right type of work (sales & markerting) but under skills, it gives me a mandatory list of skills that are directly aligned with my type of work. 

I've tried Safari and Chrome, but happens in both browsers. Is there any way around this?

Best,
Dave

Hi Dave,

You should be able to just start typing any skill in the 'What Skills Do You Offer Clients?' section and a drop down menu will be generated based on what you type there, but it isn't restricted by what you put in the 'Main Services You Offer Clients' section.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths